New Hanover County is working hard to get county parks and attractions open to the public. Below is an update on openings as of Tuesday, September 25:
- Airlie Gardens will remain closed until further notice, while trees are cleared and the grounds are cleaned up.
- Arboretum grounds will remain closed until further notice to allow for cleanup and repairs; the plant clinic and gift shop with open Monday, October 1.
- Cape Fear Museum will remain closed until further notice for remediation efforts.
- The following county parks are open beginning today:
- Arrowhead Park (except disc golf course, which is closed until further notice)
- Monterey Heights Park
- Trails End Park
- The following county parks and facilities will open Wednesday, September 26:
- Hoggard Soccer Fields
- Hugh MacRae Park (except dog park and pond/gazebo area, which are closed until further notice)
- Kings Grant Park
- Ogden Park
- River Road Park
- Roland Grise Baseball Field
The county’s free day, which typically takes place on the first Sunday of each month, is canceled for October 7.
As a reminder, the county’s Building Safety Department will issue hurricane-related permits at no charge from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Visit the Building Safety website for additional details.
For questions, the public can continue to call the county’s information line at 910-798-6800 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. or visit EmergencyNHC.com for updates.